You are hereHome >
Level 1 Child Protection Awareness Training
The Hub is offering a level 1 course for staff and volunteers who may be new to the children’s workforce or those who want to refresh their knowledge around child protection and safeguarding.
The aims of the course are:
- To develop an awareness of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- To have a clear idea of what to do in Oldham if you are worried a child is in danger of suffering serious and significant harm
- To give staff within the organisation the opportunity of sharing ideas of best practice for safeguarding children
On completion of the session, participants will be able to:
- Identify their safeguarding role
- Have an awareness of the legal/historical context relating to safeguarding children
- Explore what is meant by safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Define abuse and neglect
- Know what to do if they are worried about a young person/child, including the referral process
- Be aware of safer caring practices
Please note there is a maximum of 2 participants from each organisation per session.
An administrative charge of £20 will be made for cancellation less than 5 days before the training and/or non- attendance after booking. We will accept the substitution of another delegate to cover emergencies, such as sickness; in this case you will not be charged a cancelation fee.
12 Manchester Chambers
Oldham, OL1 1LF
|Band A: This training is FREE to the Voluntary, Community and Faith organisations with an income under £25,000 per annum.||£ 0.00|
|Band B: Places cost £20 per person to Voluntary, Community and Faith organisations with an income over £25,000 per annum.||£ 20.00|
|Band C: Places for public, private sector and non- Tameside/Oldham based organisations cost £30||£ 30.00|
Event Dates and Times
Help spread the word