You are hereHome >
I want to Volunteer
Volunteering can make a difference to people in your community and yourself. Volunteering can be really good fun and give you many benefits:
- Use your free time doing something positive and fun
- Meet like minded people and make new friends
- Try something exciting and new to suit your interests
- If you are thinking of a career change explore new options
- Learn new skills and gain valuable experience for your CV
- Give something back to the community
- Share your knowledge and experiences
What is volunteering?
"an activity that involves spending time, unpaid, doing something that aims to benefit the environment or groups other than (or in addition to) close relatives."
As a volunteer you will be supported by the organisation or person you are helping in a number of ways. This can be through reimbursing your travel expenses, training opportunities that are relevant to your role. You should feel valued by the organisation and have somebody supportive to talk to if you are unhappy with your volunteering experience.
What can I do?
We can find something to suit your interests, skills or background. There is a vast range of volunteering available. You can volunteer with young people, animals, conservation, sport, the elderly, fundraising, craft workshops to name just a few.
Volunteering is so diverse, there are many activities available. It doesn't matter what your level of work experience or skills are, there is a voluntary role out there that you can get involved in.